PDA

View Full Version : Eurasian blue tit (juvenile)

Steve Kaluski
10-06-2023, 04:52 AM
More of a grab shot whilst photographing the Kingfishers. The whole area is swamped by Himalayan Balsam, obviously not a native to the UK and is very invasive , listed on Schedule 9 for those who are into their Flora & Fauna. At the time it was super vivid in colour, but produces these sweet pink flowers, evident in some of the Tawny images.

RH reconstructed.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed the previous posting.

Steve

Subject: Eurasian blue tit (juvenile) (Cyanistes caeruleus)
Camera: Canon EOS R3
Lens:RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
Exposure: 1/1000 at f/7.1 ISO3200 EV +1
Original format:Lanscape, minimal crop
Processed via: LRCC 12.5 & PS 25.0.0

Steve Kaluski
10-06-2023, 04:53 AM
For those who wondered what the initial capture looked like before manipulating the RH, here it is straight from camera.

Gerald Kelberg
10-06-2023, 07:36 AM
Very sweet little bird - many in my garden, but no shots like this.

Very clean and clear. I like how you have rebuilt the right hand side!

Thanks for sharing,

Gerald

William Dickson
10-07-2023, 01:38 PM
Very nice Steve and well processed as usual. I love these wee birds, always look cheeky to me. The oof leaves in the BG blend well, it helps as the perch is similar. The colours on the bird look good. A Juve is a desaturated adult :S3: Getting a photo of one drinking the cream from the top of a glass milk bottle on a doorstep must be a rarity now. :w3

Will

Steve Kaluski
10-07-2023, 01:58 PM
Thanks Gerald, much appreciated.

Hi Will, now that could be a great shot, obviously not with a juvenile, but on a cold and frosty morning for atmosphere, could be a cool shot. Obviously you can still get the milk bottle with the foil, but I think the B T has lost the art of accessing the bottle. :S3:

William Dickson
10-07-2023, 02:09 PM
Thanks Gerald, much appreciated.

Hi Will, now that could be a great shot, obviously not with a juvenile, but on a cold and frosty morning for atmosphere, could be a cool shot. Obviously you can still get the milk bottle with the foil, but I think the B T has lost the art of accessing the bottle. :S3:

It may well still be in their genes....I'm setting one up lol :bg3:

Steve Kaluski
10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Great Will, must be ‘Gold top’ (if you have it north of the border :bg3:) for the premium cream, keep it simple as it could be very ’commercial’. :cheers:

William Dickson
10-07-2023, 02:28 PM
Canny beat milk fae a Highland Coo :bg3:

Jonathan Ashton
10-09-2023, 05:05 AM
Really cute = very appealing image. The head of the bird really draws me in.

Joseph Przybyla
10-09-2023, 06:41 AM
Hi Steve, I like the image. The bird makes me think of our warblers here. I echo the positive comments, thank you for sharing.