PDA

View Full Version : Common Buzzard perching

Gerald Kelberg
09-27-2023, 05:39 AM
While I have the Spain catalogue open, here is another image from my travels there earlier this year. This time a Common Buzzard obliged me in late afternoon light.

Shot through glass from a hide where the birds were baited. This hide was on a marsh area and the bait brought in Marsh Harriers, Buzzards and rarely a Bonelli's Eagle.

I was using my Sony A9II with the FE 200-600 at 481mm. Shutter at 1/1600 sec at f/6.3, ISO 800. Using zebras to determine exposure and adjusting ISO on the back wheel.

Enhanced in Lr slightly sharpened. Opened up some shadows with masks and brightened the eye slightly. Reduced the image to size and sharpened output with USM. It was a nice clean file so nothing more to do!

Comments and suggestions much appreciated.

Gerald

Jonathan Ashton
09-27-2023, 11:44 AM
Super image beautifully captured details, I appreciate you like the crop shape but not for me, it must have been quite a time you spent capturing these beautiful birds.

William Dickson
09-27-2023, 12:25 PM
Very nice Gerald. At first look I thought it was too warm, then it drew my attention even more and I really like what you captured. The light is beautiful. Great detail on the bird and perch, and a lovely BG to finish it off. Looks like a great place to photograph birds. Well done.

Will

Steve Kaluski
09-28-2023, 05:56 AM
Hi Gerald, my feedback is the same as your initial posting, but also you need more below, it's too tight at the foot.

TFS
Steve

Joseph Przybyla
09-28-2023, 08:24 AM
Hi Gerald, really nice image of this buzzard. I agree with the positive and constructive comments regarding the image. Thank you for sharing.

Daniel Cadieux
10-03-2023, 03:37 PM
Realizing it can be tough in the heat of the action, would you have considered going for -in-camera verticals for a situation like this? Super light. Nice perch and background. A bit better head angle would have been good IMO.

Sidharth Kodikal
10-09-2023, 06:40 AM
Handsome raptor in gorgeous golden light. what's not to like.
Agree with the comp recommendations. +1 to better head angle.