PDA

View Full Version : Little Owl XIII ( juv)

Andreas Liedmann
09-20-2023, 01:46 PM
Hi folks ..
this is a somehow " special " image for me personally .
Image taken the last time I have seen one of them .... they seem to have disappeared , no more signs to see or hear .

The youngster was sitting in that wooden box , which was attached to the wall of the property border . Since the kids were young they used the box for resting , playing etc ....
The last day I saw them I got the opportunity to create that shot ... the Owl was hiding on the left side of the box as the sun was shining strong that morning , for a short moment the head came into the sun .
I thought well that does look interesting and different .... finally amplified the effect in post .

Canon EOS R3
RF 2,8 400 IS L + 2 x TC
HH

F 8 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with ACR and PSCC 20023 , slight crop for comp a little bit of gardening on the sides

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings , hope you like it

Cheers Andreas

Gerald Kelberg
09-20-2023, 03:37 PM
Hey Andreas, aren't they super cute little guys! The youngsters always seem to be a bit clumsy and awkward - a good laugh!

I like the composition and the way the light is catching the face with the body and perch in the shadows. Very nicely presented, sharp and clean.

I wonder how it would look if the sunlight had a little more warmth.

Thanks for sharing,

Gerald

Jonathan Ashton
09-21-2023, 10:19 AM
I like the lighting effect, if possible I would have liked to have seen a little detail in the chick's right eye ??

Andreas Liedmann
09-21-2023, 02:22 PM
Thanks Gerald and Jon for your kind comments , much appreciated .

@ Gerald ... I thought it is warm enough in the lighter parts , but I might try and add a bit of warmth to the lights .

@ Jon .... I kept the right eye dark compared to the left , the right side is actually already lightened .... more would look not " natural " IMHO .

Thanx Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
09-22-2023, 05:45 AM
Thanks Gerald and Jon for your kind comments , much appreciated .

@ Gerald ... I thought it is warm enough in the lighter parts , but I might try and add a bit of warmth to the lights .

@ Jon .... I kept the right eye dark compared to the left , the right side is actually already lightened .... more would look not " natural " IMHO .

Thanx Andreas

Not sure if you got the wrong end of the stick Andreas, i would have darkened the eye slightly and considered some Clarity or similar.

Andreas Liedmann
09-22-2023, 09:57 AM
Ok Jon ... indeed got the wrong end of your stick :bg3: . Sorry for that .

I am 50/50 on the darkening , but for sure not clarity .... the worst tool in ACR / LR at least for me .

Cheers Andreas

You are talking about his right eye or the eye as viewed ??? Before i am again on the wrong end

More warmth in the lights and darkened the pupil ?? Any better ?

Arthur Morris
09-23-2023, 08:06 AM
I like the concept but the sunlit part of the face is much too bright for me.

with love,, artie

Andreas Liedmann
09-23-2023, 01:24 PM
Thanks Arthur ... for me it is not too bright .

Sidharth Kodikal
10-09-2023, 06:49 AM
Nice lighting effect. Fun to note the size difference in the pupils. I like this a lot.