PDA

View Full Version : Campfire breakfast

Marc Mol
07-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Overlooking the Luangwa River Delta, Sth Luangwa Nat Park- Zambia.
With "Noodles" the Tafika Lodge Basenji. He would sit and wait patiently
for his dad to fly over the Lodge in his Microlight aircraft.

Nikon D2Hs
Nikon 17-55 f/2.8
ISO 200
f/4
1/60s

http://africaddict.smugmug.com/photos/332202926_vPV5p-L.jpg

C & C most welcome

Cheers
Marc

Grady Weed
07-14-2008, 08:50 AM
The solitude, faithfulness of mans best friend, looking back over the shoulder, campfire just burning down after the nights rest, all make this one a nice image. What detracts from it for me is the white top. I would, if you have it, crop it out and give the bottom more room to compensate. but if you do not, keep it. Perhaps lighten up the dogs face. this has a lot of emotion, he misses his friend and master. It reminds me of my dog Luke, a Vizsla, a Hungarian hound. We had to give him up. he needed more room to run and more attention. They call them Velcro dogs. I miss him terribly.

Roman Kurywczak
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi Marc, I agree with Grady on the lightening of the dogs face and the whitish sky. A few steps to the right may have given you a bit more seperation between the dog and the pot and also eliminated the branches protruding into the frame. This does have a nice emotion to it and maybe working on a few of the mentioned improvements will help.

Bruce Murden
07-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Good story of a dog waiting for his owner. To add to Roman's comment, not only would the separation from dog and pot improved the view, I think you would get a good sweeping arc from the fire, to pot, to dog, to keep a dynamic element in the photo. Otherwise, well framed to have the dog looking out over lots of empty land

Robert Amoruso
07-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Good head-turn on the dog Marc. :)

I think the others captured my thoughts well.