PDA

View Full Version : Bay Breasted Warbler

Paul Kammen
09-02-2023, 12:27 AM
A Bay Breasted Warbler from the spring. Anahuac NWR.

Z9, 600mm TC VR S, 840mm, 1/500, ISO 720.

I love these guys, but have always had a hard time dealing with the black on their face.

Thanks for any comments.

- Paul

kevin Hice
09-02-2023, 08:14 AM
Paul a wonderful image, I find it hard to have patience for these little guys. I am always looking for clean backgrounds which is not very realistic most of the time.
I think you handled the blacks well. You have revealed the detail in most of the blacks favorably. Just a great job of overall processing. TFS

Paul Kammen
09-02-2023, 10:17 PM
Thanks Kevin. I find these and black throated blue to be the hardest birds to shoot because of the darkness in the face. Had some decent light and got him in a nice perch for a few seconds. They do nest here but did not find any this summer, but hope to see them again next spring.

William Dickson
09-04-2023, 12:02 PM
Hi Paul. you got some great detail on the bird. Colours look good here, as does the blacks on the head. I would like to see more room all around, especially in front of the bird.

Will

Kurt Bowman
09-06-2023, 08:22 AM
Nice detail, pose and techs. Also good separation considering the busy BG you had to contend with. I do feel like it's a bit tight in frame though. Also another vote for more room all around with a bit more in front of the bird.

Jonathan Ashton
09-11-2023, 02:57 PM
It's a pleasing shot colours are good. I see the problem with regard to composition, if you made it looser then the background becomes a distraction, make it tighter you get more of the subject but it ends up a little large in the frame.