PDA

View Full Version : Great tit (Parus major)

Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2023, 07:45 AM
Image captured in my back garden from my hide

OM-1, 140-400TC (601.0mm FF equiv)
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO : 1250
Exposure compensation : +0.3 EV
Shutter : 1/2500 sec
Aperture : F4.5
F number : F4.5

ACR/PSCC

kevin Hice
09-02-2023, 08:19 AM
Johnathan a great photo showing all the details on this little guy. Nice and sharp great colors and nice background. Only gripe for me is the bottom of the perch which looks like it has been gnawed on the left side. I would crop that out. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
09-02-2023, 03:47 PM
Yep, a small crop from below would give this beautiful image a few extra points indeed. excellent background, perfect head angle.

Andreas Liedmann
09-03-2023, 12:14 PM
Hi Jon ... the TIt does look very nice , if not stunning all in all .
Perfect colors , tones and details ... nice fine sharpness :5

Head turn is good , as is the smooth creamy BG . The perch does look a bit clunky .... if that is at your set up I would complain about it , if it is out in the field then it is less of a " problem " for me .

All a round a very pleasing shot Jon

TFS Andreas

William Dickson
09-04-2023, 12:04 PM
All looks good here Jon. Pose, colours and HH. Love the BG colours. I like the perch, I have one similar.

Will

Kurt Bowman
09-06-2023, 08:20 AM
I like most everything about the frame. The pose, details, BG, etc. I agree with others though about cropped some off the bottom so that bit of the perch didn't show (the chewed up part).

Jonathan Ashton
09-11-2023, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. The base was quite a bit bigger but when I included all of it I began to wonder if it was decent shot of the bird or a decent shot of the stump!

Steve Kaluski
09-14-2023, 05:42 AM
Hi Jon, a bit boxy on the crop, flipping more to a landscape 10x8 might be better with more to look into? Agree about cropping some off the base, but I might tweak the colours on the perch (selectively), see it has some woodworm. Colour look good on the Tit, ditto HA. Hope the garden is encouraging more...

TFS
Steve