PDA

View Full Version : Down the barrel

Lance Peters
07-14-2008, 02:29 AM
Hi - well didn't learn a lot from my last post - evryone liked it :) :) :)

So thoughT might try a older one... Not sure if this works or was ever going to work but anyway...

D3
Sigma 300-800 zoom with 2X Converter @1300mm
F11
1/250th
+1.3EV
200 ISO

Cropped and some sharpening.

All comments welcome.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-14-2008, 03:25 AM
Hi Lance!
That is one intense bird...looks like he's about to go in-line skating!!! It is quite tight in the frame - even for me!! - but I think that it works as it adds to the intensity of the image. I just love those blue Aussie skies (we could do with a few of those around here at the moment...) and the minimal perch.
Regards,
Nicki
PS Let me know when you decide to come and see the puffins!!

Harold Davis
07-14-2008, 04:47 AM
just fantastic, mate!! only thing i can say is i wish i could see the eyes just a little better. i dont know if it's possible to open up those shadows without losing a lot of detail, but it would be nice if you could!! great job. love the framing and the pose!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
07-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Lance, I like it as presented. Maybe like Nicki says, just a tad tight in the frame.
I like the capture.
Regards,

Nonda Surratt
07-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Lance Mr H said it all.

I like this pose Lance!

Julie Kenward
07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Great composition - I don't mind the close crop at all because you still have a nice margin all the way around. I would like to see those eyes better and cloning out that shadow on his breast would make it even better.

Bruce Gove
07-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi Lance,

Ditto on the eyes - if you had those red eyes glaring back at you, it would add even more to the bird's intensity!!. For me, I;d like a little more room on the left. That being said, nice capture Mate:)

Regards,

Bruce

Dave Slaughter
07-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Great shot, very good detail. I hope we'll be seeing a lot of the product of that phenomenal lens, but I know from my own shots that without good technique the best lens in the world will produce fuzz. Thanks for sharing.

Gus Cobos
07-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Great composition and capture Mr. Lance.
I love that razor sharp wing position and the intense look in Mr. Birds eyes. I like it as presented. good show...:cool: