PDA

View Full Version : Little Owl XI ( F )

Andreas Liedmann
08-23-2023, 02:56 PM
Hi folks ... going back in the LO history of my shootings .
Owlets still hiding in the pile of wooden boards and the " mummy " hanging around for longer period of time .
One day I saw her through some bushes resting at the wall , so, i tried to find a gap to shoot through the foliage .... as I did find the effect kind of cool when I saw this .
But it was somehow difficult to emphasize the scene to my final liking .... not 100 % happy ... but close .
Some might like it , some might not ... that's how it goes .
So share your thoughts :bg3:

Canon EOS R3
RF 400 2,8 IS L + 2 x TC
Tripod

F 5,6 ; iso 800 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with ACR and PSCC 2023 ; slight crop . there seem to be some weird structures in the OOF areas , they are present in the raw .

Thanks for looking and maybe sharing your thoughts about this image .

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
08-24-2023, 03:02 PM
I like it , I suppose it is urban photography style. I particularly like the lighting well done.

Joseph Przybyla
08-25-2023, 07:11 AM
Hi Andreas, the image is quite different in a interesting way. As Jon wrote, urban wildlife. I like the image, thank you for sharing.

Andreas Liedmann
08-25-2023, 10:33 AM
Thanks folks ... glad you like it .

@ Jon ... well the Owls dictate the " style " I can photograph in a more or less urban environment :bg3: , albeit it is close to the " wilder " side of my hometown .

Cheers Andreas

William Dickson
08-26-2023, 12:57 PM
Aye, I like this one Andreas, even though its a manmade perch :w3 I like the feel of the light, and the crop looks good...showing more of the bricks, works for me.

Will

Arthur Morris
08-26-2023, 03:29 PM
I generally hate all images created in filtered light but I do not hate this one. The hazy stuff just above and in front of the bird bugs me a bit. That said, you did an excellent job of seeing the shot and picking a very good perspective.

with love, a

Andreas Liedmann
08-28-2023, 02:00 PM
Thanks Will and Arthur for your comments , much appreciated .

@ Arthur , I would agree about the hazy stuff ..... but I was just happy to get decently clear view through all that foliage .