PDA

View Full Version : Clematis

Bruce Murden
07-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Our neighbors have this beautiful purple clematis growing all over and around their mailbox post. I am fascinated with the centers of these flowers.

Nikon D80, Nikon 105mm macro, 1.1s @ f/18, ISO 200, tripod, mostly cloudy early evening

Mike Moats
07-14-2008, 05:57 AM
Hey Bruce, I like the shot and the intense color. I would clone the purple petals into the green areas and also clone out the little fallen stamens from the petals.

Julie Kenward
07-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Aren't clematis beautiful? I have some growing on a side fence and the colors are wonderful! I love your composition and the intensity of color here. You managed a nice DOF throughout, also. I'm with Mike on cloning out the two loose stamen but the green areas surrounding the plant don't really bother me all that much because they are in the same dark tone as the purple. If they were a light green, I'd say clone 'em, too.

Don Lacy
07-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Nice image, I love the deep purple of the petals. If I had the opportunity I would really work these flowers hard they have a lot of potential.

Gordon Craig
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
The DOF on this picture is really good. It basically comes down to the beautiful Clemantis Purple against green. This is difficult. I experienced the same with the photo linked below. Purple and Green are difficult to match. At least for me. I guess it all comes down to practice, practice, practice.

http://www.pbase.com/gordonc527/image/99376979

Ed Vatza
07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I have to agree with Mike on this one. I think the purple looks very rich and the stamens very sharp. I think the image needs either less green or more green. Either come in closer or clone as Mike suggests or back out and provide more of a green background.

Robert O'Toole
07-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Bruce,

The is nice and the colors are great and excellent exposure job. The Stamens looks super!

The green wedges might look better black.