PDA

View Full Version : Wood Duck (m)

Joseph Przybyla
07-22-2023, 09:48 AM
A little awkward but I wanted to get in as much of the varied colors and feather patterns as possible. The Wood Duck was standing on a ugly concrete retaining wall at the waters edge so I eliminated the wall in the viewfinder and cropped a bit more in post processing. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm PF, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
1/1000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 140 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic
Cropped for composition and presentation

Arthur Morris
07-23-2023, 03:54 AM
Looks great to me. Again, you are the master at taming usually awkward compositions.

with love, artie

Daniel Cadieux
07-25-2023, 06:23 PM
I love the colours, details, background. Not crazy about the composition. A small oof white spot in the middle of the neck catches my eye and could be spot-removed easily. Our Wood Ducks are currently in summer "eclipse" plumage...looking forward to their breeding colours in the fall!

William Dickson
07-26-2023, 02:26 PM
Great colours here Joe. Very nice detail, pose and HA. I get that as well Joe, regarding the crop with ducks. This one sort of works for me. I love the sky colours.

Will

Joseph Przybyla
07-27-2023, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.