PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy duck

kevin Hice
07-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Shot in Nd slough from my floating blind. I have never seen a Ruddy duck out of the water. They never go on a bank to preen or rest that I have seen and we have plenty of Ruddy ducks. I spent at least a half hour shooting this guy. I consider myself lucky on this one. Most have changed colors molting through the eclipse stage.
Processed with Dpp 4,Photoshop. Comments and critiques appreciated.

Canon R5
Rf 600 f/4L
600 mm
1/2000
ISO 3200

Andreas Liedmann
07-07-2023, 02:29 AM
Hi Kevin ... a killer shot for me of this very attractive looking Duck species !!!
Have seen them only in captivity , even raised them as ducklings ... so I really appreciate to see them in such great warm light making their colors shine !!!
The wing flap is great , as is the overall posing and low POV . Very nice smooth transitions in the OOF areas .

Great work from your floating hide :5 and nicely processed

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
07-07-2023, 06:09 AM
Super colours on the subject and background, the blacks look a little dense here and there - importantly the eye is pin sharp.

Dorian Anderson
07-08-2023, 09:24 PM
A very different view of this species! I particularly like the detail on the feet. I do find the OOF wing in front a bit distracting, and I agree the black on the head looks a bit heavy. But a very unique image!

Arthur Morris
07-09-2023, 08:01 PM
One of your very best. I wish it were mine.

with love, a