PDA

View Full Version : European Kingfisher ( F ) XV

Andreas Liedmann
07-06-2023, 05:16 AM
Hi folks ... one image break from Owls , to refresh me and the eyes of you guys :bg3:

Image taken back in march .... in less than ideal light situation , very dark conditions to shoot a speedy subject in action .
But I am very happy with the output ... easy as I had no other options , LOL .

Canon EOS R3
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 400 mm
Tripod and Gimbal

F 5,6 ; Iso 16.000 ; 1/2500 sec .... good result for the the given techs :bg3: , at least for me.

Processed with Capture One and PSCC 2023 ; slight crop for a better comp .... for sure other crop options possible . I know some of you might think the reflections in the water have to go .... I think they are no distraction and can stay .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
07-07-2023, 06:07 AM
Clean image super timing, details very good, bird stands out well from the background. Colours on the kingfisher very good but perhaps could take a little more vibrance?

kevin Hice
07-07-2023, 01:18 PM
Another great Kingfisher shot. Reflection doesn't bother me not that noticeable when your looking at the subject with the action and those vivid colors. Nice and sharp and love the wing position. Well done Andreas and with tough conditions.

Andreas Liedmann
07-08-2023, 08:59 AM
Thanks Kevin and Jon , glad you like the image .

@ Jon ... to me the colors do not need any more vibrance as the situation was quite dull and the KF is intense enough on that front , at least for me. And I am surprised that you mention it ... :bg3: