PDA

View Full Version : Great tit (Parus major)

Jonathan Ashton
06-29-2023, 04:20 PM
Taken from a hide in the back garden

OM-1, 150-400TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 1002.0mm
ISO : 1250
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Shutter : 1/2500 sec
Aperture : F5.6
Flash : OFF

ACR/PSCC

Brian Sump
06-30-2023, 06:54 PM
Jon, kind of an interesting concept. I applaud thinking outside the box (no pun).

The fluttering wings is neat. Bark on the limb/opening is rich in tones and textures. I'll have to spend some time reviewing but having so much above and not much left is challenging me.

Wish we had a little more direct eye contact with regard to head angle. The color palette on the whole just feels a touch off but can't put my finger on it - some images just have that green/drab feel.

Andreas Liedmann
07-01-2023, 05:42 AM
Hi Jon .. i quite like the pose and i am ok with the HA . Colors overall are good as well .... can be for sure interpreted slightly different .
Your chosen SS is already too slow to get all pinsharp , IMHO.
The eye looks like there was motion blur involved ... at least in my view .
Would have preferred a horizontal crop and more visible details in the darks as an option .

Still quite ice frame

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
07-01-2023, 09:53 AM
Hi Jon, just not sure about this one, I wonder if the whole frame came down more, but the stark white with the hint of green at the top personally I'm not a lover of, but then the chunky perch would dominate if you moved everything down. Colour is off, needs a bit more Blue and Magenta as the colours look grubby and the darks/shadow in the log appear oily in appearance, easy to rectify and it then looks so much better overall as you see the left foot as well, but would darken that RH part of the log. The head needs a bit more toward camera so it's more parallel I guess.

Overall with some simple tweaks it would elevate the OP, but it's not a winner for me sadly Jon.

TFS
Steve

kevin Hice
07-01-2023, 09:19 PM
First thing that draws my attention is the wing blur which I like colors really aren't popping because of the overcast light. I don't know that you can bring that out. Better Ha would be nice. Do like the perch. TFS

William Dickson
07-03-2023, 12:01 PM
I think if the BG, behind the bird's head area, wasn't so white, the colours you have captured well, on the bird, would stand out more. I like the pose, and yes to more SS.

Will