PDA

View Full Version : Mourning Warbler

Paul Kammen
06-28-2023, 09:54 PM
A mourning warbler singing on his territory.

Z9, 600 f4 TC VR S, 1/500, ISO 1800, f 4.0

Jonathan Ashton
06-29-2023, 02:09 AM
As super shot the poe is very good indeed. I feel the darks a just a tad heavy and the brightest highlights are a little too bright, the yellow on the breast feathers is pretty intense.

Paul Kammen
06-29-2023, 02:15 PM
As super shot the poe is very good indeed. I feel the darks a just a tad heavy and the brightest highlights are a little too bright, the yellow on the breast feathers is pretty intense.

Thanks, interestingly I did lower highlights from the RAW image, but can do so a little more.

Unrelated, I'm wondering if this is a Safari Browser issue...is it best to post at the max size? Meaning 1800 on the long end? Or smaller like in the file? I say "Safari" issue as when I post a large file, I can't see the entire file on my browser - only half of the image. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Paul

Brian Sump
06-30-2023, 07:04 PM
Paul, lots of nice qualities to this frame.

Really great pose during the call and a good look at both feet.

The perch is quite interesting and I really like it in the lower left corner.

Nice, rich colors but not overdone. The only thing that could improve for me would be giving it a good bit more room in upper right so that the subject and perch were all in the lower left area (i.e. traditional crop with more right and up).

TFS!