PDA

View Full Version : Mallard

Steve Kaluski
06-17-2023, 05:08 AM
Probably with hindsight this should go into the Forum for Fun, but....

We have three fairly large ponds in Hampstead and you get the standard Ducks & Swans and this was more of a grab shot on route to meeting folk.

Taking a leaf out of Dorians colour palette I did up the blue far more than I would normally do, however two reasons:

- I felt the green iridescent in the head needed another bold colour to balance it
- To pullout the very subtle ripples and tones in the water, hidden if in a very pale colour

Thanks to those who posted or viewed the previous posting.

Steve

Subject: Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)
Camera: Canon EOS R3
Lens: RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
Exposure: 1/2500s at f/6.3 ISO3200 +1.67EV
Original format: Landscape, almost FF
Processed via: LRCC 12.4 & PS'23 24.5.0

Andreas Liedmann
06-17-2023, 07:19 AM
Hi Steve ... technically very nicely done , stunning clarity and the blues are quite nice !!!
Quite unusual angle ... is what it is .
Wish the Mallard was having the original coloration .... not that mixed stuff in the plumage .

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
06-17-2023, 10:32 AM
Wish the Mallard was having the original coloration .... not that mixed stuff in the plumage .

It is what it is, can't help that, Ill speak to the Mallard next time.

Arthur Morris
06-18-2023, 09:11 AM
Image quality and design is excellent, and the colors are sublime, especially the BLUEs. It certainly does not look like a pure Mallard, at least the kind that we grow on this side of the pond -- perhaps a hybrid with some type of soup duck? IAC, I love the image.

a

Gabriela Plesea
06-18-2023, 02:44 PM
I too love the frame, Steve - superb image design and IQ is great, beautiful colours. Reflection is awesome. Lovely PP work!

PS. Read up a bit on the species, they are known to hybridise with indigenous ducks in SA, I have yet to see one in the wild:S3:

Warmest regards and thank you so much for sharing,

Steve Kaluski
06-19-2023, 03:04 AM
Thanks Artie, much appreciated, glad you like it.

Could well be a hybrid as you say.

Steve Kaluski
06-19-2023, 03:07 AM
Thanks Gabriela, and many thanks for the additional info. :5

Looks like a cracking weekend by the way, should have taken today off to recover. Don't forget the small updates, oh and also in the Prefs too, will drop you a line, as its good to keep all your settings and Metadata up to date.

Gabriela Plesea
06-20-2023, 07:58 AM
Thanks Gabriela, and many thanks for the additional info. :5

Looks like a cracking weekend by the way, should have taken today off to recover. Don't forget the small updates, oh and also in the Prefs too, will drop you a line, as its good to keep all your settings and Metadata up to date.

Thank you so much Steve, indeed had a great week-end, explored new places and did some fishing too. Now busy with updates and I received your email - thank you so much for your help, always:5