PDA

View Full Version : Great Gray

Paul Kammen
06-15-2023, 10:33 PM
Kind of liked this perch he flew to, nice to get some green in the summer too.

I believe they will be around until the young are fledged from the nest; then they are harder to see though they could show up anytime, its
just a lot of ground they cover and easier to see in the winter.

Nikon Z9, 1/1250 sec, f 4.0, ISO 3200, 600mm f/4 TC VR S.

kevin Hice
06-16-2023, 01:26 PM
Yes I like the perch too lots of character. Love the eyes. Looks good to me nice to see one in the open without a busy background. And your green goes well along with the lichens on the branches. Might be tempted to remove the lighter green background in the lower left. TFS

Steve Kaluski
06-16-2023, 01:44 PM
Hi Paul, a big step forward in terms of PP, visually the image is far better, and best to date.

Colour and detail appears good, just loose the bright green leaves creeping in at the foot of the image. You have the Z9, just keep a higher SS, as the slightest of movements will not deliver a pin sharp file.

TFS
Steve

William Dickson
06-16-2023, 02:25 PM
Well done Paul..this looks real nice. Agree with Kevin about removing the greens lower left. But, apart from that I would be very happy with this. Lovely detail on the bird and those eyes just draw you in...

Will

Paul Kammen
06-16-2023, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the replies, will definitely remove the lighter green leaves at the bottom.

Andreas Liedmann
06-17-2023, 02:02 AM
Yeah Paul ... looks stunning , your best so far in terms of final output . IMHO.
Love the direct stare and the lovely interesting perch .
Personally I might try and burn the HL on the subject to a degree .

TFS Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
06-18-2023, 06:15 AM
The soft backlighting works really well here! Great perch indeed. Yes to losing the oof yellow/green bits below. Excellent processing as previously mentioned. Way to go! If anything else, I'd have preferred a looser composition, but understand that you may have been excluding distracting elements outside of the frame.

Gabriela Plesea
06-21-2023, 03:19 PM
Such a lovely image, Paul. Love the pose and direct stare from the subject, those eyes are magnificent. Well exposed and nicely processed too with good colours, interesting perch. Wonderful frame with lots to look at, you should be so pleased with this:cheers:

Kind regards,