PDA

View Full Version : Great tit (Parus major)

Jonathan Ashton
06-07-2023, 03:27 PM
A great tit in the back garden as it flew from a perch to the feeder, the image was cropped for presentatiom.
Model Name : OM-1
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 483.0mm
ISO : 800
Exposure compensation : -0.3 EV
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Shutter : 1/4000 sec
Aperture : F4.5
F.No. : F4.5
Flash : OFF

ACR/PSCC

Steve Kaluski
06-08-2023, 06:25 AM
Hi Jon, illustrates well the Pro Capture AF well, are you angling the feeder with a disc? :S3:

I like the outstretched wings, but it looks a bit flat and the WB is just off, needs to go a bit more Warmer and a tad more Green to balance out the Blue/Magenta. Think you could also just raise the saturation for interest, but your call. Blacks could be open more, but your call, I prefer more finer detail to come through.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
06-08-2023, 11:26 AM
Hi Jon ... not too bad overall , wish the head would have been at least parallel to the sensor .
Wings are nice , do like the blur in them .... gives a sense of dynamic .

Nice one and TFS Andreas

Joseph Przybyla
06-08-2023, 02:09 PM
Hi Jon, I like the image, nice flight shot. Thank you for sharing.

Jonathan Ashton
06-08-2023, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone much appreciated. I played for some time trying to get the ideal colours, I have to admit I wasn't entirely satisfied but for some reason I could not get what I wanted. I reduced the blue in the head and neck and raised dark tones 5/6.
Regards the disc no I didn't use one but maybe I will to try in order to get more face on images, meantime I am going to follow Andy Rouse's idea of backlight on goldfinches and sparrows and blue tits. Current position is good early and late in the day. The Tawny owl chicks have eluded me the last two days but I am not too disappointed because they were never in a photogenic location.

Steve Kaluski
06-09-2023, 12:53 AM
It’s worth exploring Jon, I’ve had many a chat about this with him, hopefully you will have the light, grey and windy currently on the NE side.