PDA

View Full Version : Gerast Spotted Woodpecker

Andreas Liedmann
06-02-2023, 01:14 PM
Hi folks ... here is another image from the hide where I waited for a Buzzard , who did not show up as promised :bg3:

Subject attracted by food supply , the perch is not the nicest one .... but had no influence on it .

Canon EOS R3
RF 2,8 400 IS L + 2x TC
Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 6400 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with Capture One and PSCC 2023 ; no crop

Thanks for looking and commenting to my last postings

Cheers Andreas

kevin Hice
06-02-2023, 04:05 PM
Have to say Andreas post is excellent in the details. I'm alright with the perch really not that bad. Looks natural. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
06-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Hmm i'd say 9/10 detail, tones composition super so what's wrong with the perch? Obviously a staged set up but looks ok to me. The only minor issue for me is what appears to be a peanut top centre of the perch.

Arthur Morris
06-03-2023, 05:23 PM
Neat bird and pose and a perfect head angle. Not sure why you have more room behind the bird than in front of the perch. Makes no sense to me. The bird's face looks a bit dark and is grayer than the rest of the white plumage.

I am fine with the perch, in fact, I rather like it.

with love, a

Volkan Akgul
06-05-2023, 11:15 AM
hi Andreas,

It's fun to watch, thank you. The detail texture and softness are wonderful. Of course, different things can be done. the perch can be reduced, or the framing can be a little tighter. The roost gets little attention. personal tastes

It's beautiful after all.
Congratulations.