PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Egret

Joseph Przybyla
05-19-2023, 12:32 PM
I captured this image at a stop along Blackpoint Wildlife Drive in Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Merritt Island, Florida. Looking at the techs for capturing the image I cannot explain the slow shutter speed, maybe I was photographing something else and this opportunity arose. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm PF, Handheld
1/1250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 560 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic 12.3
Cropped for composition and presentation

Steve Kaluski
05-20-2023, 01:59 AM
Hi Joe, love the 'etherial/arty' look & feel of the image and overall design.

I might be tempted to run a bit more NR to smooth out the mid grey in the wings and add more sharpening. Adding a % Curves adj just brings some more tone back into the wing structure from what you originally captured.

Nice one

TFS
Steve

Joseph Przybyla
05-20-2023, 05:21 AM
Hi Joe, love the 'etherial/arty' look & feel of the image and overall design.

I might be tempted to run a bit more NR to smooth out the mid grey in the wings and add more sharpening. Adding a % Curves adj just brings some more tone back into the wing structure from what you originally captured.

Nice one

TFS
Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for viewing and commenting. Comparing the images I can seen the difference and improvements. I'll work on it later today with your suggestions.

Andreas Liedmann
05-20-2023, 08:53 AM
Hi Joe ... cool shot and i do love the HK presentation a lot !!!
Cannot say about Steve´s observation ... but would trust his eyes and tastes in this case , worth trying i think .

TFS Andreas

Dorian Anderson
05-20-2023, 09:33 AM
The pose is nice and the high key surrounds are fun, but the IQ is really suffering, especially the noise on the underwing and the smoothes out details on the face and flank. I'm not sure if that's a consequence of the slow shutter and/or a heavy crop, but I wouldn't spend a ton of time working with this file. This is a very common bird, so you'll be able to get something better.

Arthur Morris
05-27-2023, 06:47 PM
The image is sharp and I like the light coming through the wings.

with love artie