PDA

View Full Version : Little chick alone on the beach

Grace Scalzo
07-13-2008, 07:10 PM
This image was created at Nickerson Beach, Long Island Saturday am. Sunrise was around 5:35, but there was a bank of clouds and the light got workable about 6:18, however, the air was hazy.Time on this was 6:19. I have lots in my files from that day where the chick was much larger in the frame. However, during my review of the files and my thinking on what I wanted to say with an image, this one took hold.

Thank you for looking and for your input. Appreciate one and all.

1/500, f5.6, ISO400
1Dmk2n, 500 + 1.4tc + lowered tripod

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Love the composition Grace and wonderful low angle. Looks like he is out exploring a brand new world. Love it !!!

Fabs Forns
07-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Minimalism at its best. A little closer to the right corner will improve the composition, sice the birdie is so small :)

Ramon M. Casares
07-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Love it, very clean and peacefull and at the same time, lonely and kind of sad, love the agnle of view, the composition, all great althoughtI would correct the horizon just a little very little bit to the right (clockwise? is the word... right?) Congrats!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Lovely and peaceful setting. That little chick looks like he(she) is in a desolate world trying to make ends meet. I love it. Composition is spot on for my taste. :)

Raul Quinones
07-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Not a expert on composition, but I like it as is.
I will not change about it.

Steve Maxson
07-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Love the title and the mood of this one. I agree with Fabs that moving the chick closer to the LRC would make the image even stronger.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-14-2008, 07:03 AM
I like pose, angle and crop idea but would probably go for a slightly tighter crop, not much, though.

LouBuonomo
07-14-2008, 08:57 AM
The haze that day help where we thought it was hurting.. I just love the feel of this. Will bring me back to that beach, at that time, with friends.

Lou

DustinFinn
07-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Really like the feel to this, the solid color in the background and the lone, single, little Juvi OC - just excellent.

I do agree that the bird being in the right side more will convey the the emptyness and alone of this birds solitude (at this moment) of looking for food.

Blake Shadle
07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Hey Grace! Great work. I really like the feel of this image. I think there's two ways to go with this, moving the chick to the right, or trying out a pano option... which is what I've attached above :D I really like the feel of the pano, and I think it helps to add impact to your subject while at the same time increasing the sense of isolation.