PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret flipping catch

Kurt Bowman
04-23-2023, 10:34 AM
Great Egret with breeding feathers flipping his catch. From last year before I got my A1

A9M2
200-600mm
1.4 TC
90% FF
1/8000 at f/9
ISO 1600

Jonathan Ashton
04-24-2023, 08:33 AM
Very good shot with excellent exposure and details, the prey is really eye catching.
Unfortunately for the wrong reasons the headless bird behind the subject's tail is a big distraction.

Andreas Liedmann
04-24-2023, 10:57 AM
Hi Kurt does look very good overall , with the special fish flipping of the Heron ...,very cool capture , would have been nice to have the fish facing the viewer . But that is a lot to ask for .... one needs so much of luck .
Image does need a canvas rotation IMHO and the two legs are ... irritating ... what is that ? A baby heron hiding behind .... mummy :t3 ?

TFS Andreas

Kurt Bowman
04-24-2023, 02:14 PM
Very good shot with excellent exposure and details, the prey is really eye catching.
Unfortunately for the wrong reasons the headless bird behind the subject's tail is a big distraction.

that’s not a bird Jon. Those are breeding feathers dipping into the water.

Kurt Bowman
04-24-2023, 02:15 PM
Hi Kurt does look very good overall , with the special fish flipping of the Heron ...,very cool capture , would have been nice to have the fish facing the viewer . But that is a lot to ask for .... one needs so much of luck .
Image does need a canvas rotation IMHO and the two legs are ... irritating ... what is that ? A baby heron hiding behind .... mummy :t3 ?

TFS Andreas

not two legs, two breeding feathers lol

Daniel Cadieux
04-24-2023, 07:02 PM
Lol, I have to admit that I too was wondering what those were! They look rather stick-like. Fish-toss looks great - with that shutter speed everything is frozen. Higher angle than I prefer, but we do get a good look at the concentric circles with that higher vantage point. I too see a need for some slight CW rotation.

Arthur Morris
04-27-2023, 03:39 PM
Late to the party here. Sharp with a fine exposure but am surprised that the bird is well-angled away from you. Had you been several yards to your left you would have had a better chance. Bad luck on the position of the fish as well.
with love, artie