PDA

View Full Version : Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes)

Jonathan Ashton
04-21-2023, 03:49 AM
A walk in some local woodlands, here is a (hand held) Wren proclaiming his territory. I have used the Remove tool to remove one twig and cropped 3:2.

OM-1 : OLYMPUS M.150-400mm F4.5 TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 946.0mm
ISO : 1000
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Shutter : 1/1250 sec
F number : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

William Dickson
04-21-2023, 12:10 PM
Love the pose with the wee tail up....It's really good that you got this pose with a nice BG as they are usually hiding in amongst the undergrowth......Looks good to me ...He should have chosen a better perch :w3

Will

Andreas Liedmann
04-21-2023, 01:31 PM
Hi Jon .. i do agree with Will , you got the classy Wren pose well captured .
Light was already not ideal , but you managed a balanced shot ... well done .
Lovely fine details rendered and the overall colors are looking good ... personally I am not too fuzzed about the BG coloration , but might have been that dirty looking yellow tonal range .

The composition is not really my taste , bird too central and too low in the frame .... might be just me .

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
04-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Thanks Will and Andreas, i agree with your comments except the background, that looks pretty real to me. The bird is a bit low in the frame I agree, i could and should have done better at the capture stage.

Kurt Bowman
04-23-2023, 10:27 AM
Love the tail up pose you managed to capture Jon! I also like the BG, usually the BG on Wrens is busy, so nice job getting him out in the open.

Daniel Cadieux
04-24-2023, 07:07 PM
BG looks good to me as well. Yes, pointing your lens down a bit more would have yielded a more pleasing composition. Perch is ok to me, they like those larger low-lying fallen debris-type branches. Just a bit more head angle towards us would have been ideal.