PDA

View Full Version : Goldfinch (Carduelis carduelis)

Jonathan Ashton
04-15-2023, 03:27 PM
Firstly I declare I have been messing about. I used the PSCC 2023 Beta version to test the Remove tool. The image was then cropped using content aware.

The image was captured from my new garden shed early morning whilst the sun was still low in the sky. It is my aim to capture this scenario 10-12 hours later, back lit.

Hopefully the colours look a little more realistic now. (I deliberately left the small bits of white seed material to offer a clue on how I obtained the image in the first place.)

OM-1 OLYMPUS M.150-400mm F4.5
ISO : 2000
Exposure compensation : +0.3 EV
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Shutter : 1/4000 sec
F number : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

Volkan Akgul
04-16-2023, 01:37 PM
hi Jon,

very very good actions... Çok iyi.
Tebrikler.

Andreas Liedmann
04-16-2023, 10:04 PM
Hi Jon ... your best ever posted flight image :5:cheers:
I do love the image , a real peach :wave:

Purely as a personal taste , I might up the brightness or the exposure depending on the taste by + 15 or + 0,2 , use the inverted red channel as mask . And would play a touch with the color balance .... but not warmer and not globally :S3:.

Very cool work Jon and TFS Andreas

Arthur Morris
04-17-2023, 02:27 PM
Looks spectacular to me. Yes, your best one ever. You might explore losing the block of yellow color in front of the bird.

with love, artie

Daniel Cadieux
04-18-2023, 12:21 PM
Super! Your perseverance is paying off. There are also three small dots near center bottom edge to eliminate.

Dorian Anderson
04-18-2023, 11:33 PM
I think this is the best finch/tit image you have generated. The lighting, exposure, pose, and BG are all perfect, and the dangling foot takes this to another level. Awesome.

Jonathan Ashton
04-19-2023, 02:31 AM
Thanks very much everyone, glad you liked it.
Andreas I will have a look see at your suggestions, I may need to come back to you.
Dan the little white bits are the seed particles I referred to. If anyone wants to know how I get these shots I can post another image to show the set up.