PDA

View Full Version : Goldfinch (Carduelis carduelis)

Jonathan Ashton
04-12-2023, 09:36 AM
Goldfinch at take off, image captured from my backyard blind

OM-1 150-400TC1.25 (419mm FF Equiv)
ISO 5000,
1/4000sec (Procapture SH2)
f5.6

ACR/PSCC

Volkan Akgul
04-12-2023, 10:09 AM
a very beautiful, sparkling Saka bird.

Congratulations Jon.

Andreas Liedmann
04-12-2023, 12:50 PM
Hi Jon ... besides the colors , which are completely off ... at least for me .Wondering which WB preset you have used ... ?? A real stunning take off image of this lovely Goldfinch . All does work well .
Strong yellow cast .. masking some lovely coloration across the image . I am puzzled ... that you are again step into the old trap , at least this is my impression .

TFS Andreas

RP is a starting point on color front .... if you like it a touch warmer , do so .

William Dickson
04-12-2023, 01:04 PM
Well captured Jon.....This is better than the previous Goldfinch take off IMO...Again, great detail on the bird with lovely colours...I think somewhere between the OP and the RP would be the way to go...Good work.

Will

Dorian Anderson
04-12-2023, 10:19 PM
This might be the best of your liftoff bunch. Great detail, no shadows, and a perfect head angle make this a winner. I agree with Andreas about the color cast and think his repost addresses the issue nicely. Excellent work!

Jonathan Ashton
04-14-2023, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback, i agree in retrospect far too yellow. Repost a good deal better but a little cold, I suspect when I processed I got the WB then decided too cold and increased Temp and was influenced by numbers as opposed to appearance.
Should get my new office sorted out later today so no excuses from now on:c3:

Andreas Liedmann
04-14-2023, 11:38 AM
Hi Jon ... wondering what numbers have influenced you , to go really warm . I would always take three color samples .... high , mid and low and then decide.
AS the shot does look not being taken in warm sunlight ....

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
04-14-2023, 03:14 PM
Hi Jon ... wondering what numbers have influenced you , to go really warm . I would always take three color samples .... high , mid and low and then decide.
AS the shot does look not being taken in warm sunlight ....

Cheers Andreas

Thanks Andreas, I'll give it a try on my next post.

Arthur Morris
04-14-2023, 06:55 PM
I love the image as posted. Super-sharp on the face. But Andreas' repost is an improvement.

with love, artie

Andreas Liedmann
04-15-2023, 02:11 AM
Thanks Andreas, I'll give it a try on my next post.

You leaving me puzzled ... thought it is standard to check numerous areas in an image and not only one :2eyes2::2eyes2::2eyes2:
Regardless of the environment in your office .... the numbers are NEVER false , you just need to understand them and the consequences :wave:

Kurt Bowman
04-15-2023, 11:58 AM
Very good timing on this one Jon! Love the feet, the angle and wing position! I agree it's too yellow. I also think the RP is a nice improvement.