PDA

View Full Version : Coal tit (Periparus Ater)

Jonathan Ashton
04-07-2023, 01:54 PM
On this particular day the light was really poor and I was intent on getting Great crested grebes, alas no joy but iI noticed someone had pit some food out on a fence stump so i guessed sooner or later there would be a visitor or two. Hand held image, cropped for presentation.
OM-1: OLYMPUS M.150-400mm F4.5
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 454.0mm
ISO : 8000
Exposure compensation : -0.3 EV
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Shutter : 1/2500 sec (Procapture SH2)
F number : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

Kurt Bowman
04-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Nice take-off pose Jon! I like the slight wing blur to imply the speed of these little ones. I am wondering if you have more space to the right? The bird seems a little too centered. I would move it more left if you have the room, but that's just my opinion. Still nicely done!

Volkan Akgul
04-07-2023, 03:01 PM
hi Jon

nice species, nice photo. but slightly below your overall quality. your standard for sharpness and colors is higher.
congratulations

Jonathan Ashton
04-07-2023, 03:15 PM
hi Jon

nice species, nice photo. but slightly below your overall quality. your standard for sharpness and colors is higher.
congratulations

Maybe the light conditions - this was on the edge of woodland.

Dorian Anderson
04-07-2023, 08:15 PM
Wire is a non-started for me, unfortunately. Liftoff pose is quite nice, but I think the IQ is suffering at the hands of high ISO.

Jonathan Ashton
04-08-2023, 02:23 AM
Dorian, I am happy with the wire, it tells the story for me, I appreciate you were not there.
Image quality looks perfectly acceptable to me.

Andreas Liedmann
04-09-2023, 03:18 AM
Hi Jon ... i do like the flight pose with the head turn , really cool .
For me it has some technical flaws ... albeit it is acceptable as you say .
SS is slow ... to freeze the action , i do not mind the blurry wings ... but i think the body would be sharper at faster SS , just bump up the Iso

Tones looking good , but the Tit is too blue for my taste , across the tonal range .
The comp does not work for me , with the central placement and too much on top ... matter of taste .
The wire is not nice for me , but would accept it as you like it ... but do not see the point why it is telling a story .

But in the end you have to like it , in the first place .

TFS Andreas