PDA

View Full Version : Wren II

Andreas Liedmann
04-07-2023, 04:24 AM
Hi folks ...
another Wren image captured yesterday at a different location. I tried the combo of the RF 100 - 500 with the RF 1,4 TC to see how it performs .
I have to say it works great in terms of output quality , albeit it is slightly slow .... like tiny stuff with the Wren when shooting close range .
When things are bigger and slightly further away ... it performs fast .
For sure the F stop of 10 at 700 mm is something not ideal ... but I am , not like others , not afraid of pushing the Iso way up and get stunning results ( from the technical POV ).

Back to the image ... no set up , just used audio to get the subject closer to me .

The FG and BG is a bit cluttered but very acceptable to my eyes . The HA could be slightly more towards the viewer in an ideal world .

Canon EOS R3
RF 100 - 500 IS L + RF 1,4 TC
HH

F 10 ; Iso 8000 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with Capture One and PSCC 2023 , cropped to 80 % of FF ; a bit of gardening in BG

Thanks for watching and commenting to my last postings

Cheers Andreas

@ Dorian .... i do not need a Nikon 200 - 600 , as this lens is awesome :w3.... referring to your comment in Volkan`s white stork thread .

Volkan Akgul
04-07-2023, 06:11 AM
Hi Andreas,

This. Excellent result with 100-500 + 1.4 tc. You're good at high ISO, Andreas. It would be perfect if the bird turned its head towards us, but it is a very timid and active species.
Congratulations.

I was also expecting an e-mail from you about the earthquake in Turkey. From you and Steve to get well soon. I'm a little offended I wanted to add this too.

Andreas Liedmann
04-07-2023, 06:30 AM
Thanks Volkan ... for your comment , much appreciated .
As said from my side , i would have preferred a better HA ... so i do agree with you .

And with honesty Iso 8000 is not real high IMHO ... from my personal POV ... just use the right WF and no problem with the noise . I do shoot up to 51.200 ,,, if the image is perfectly exposed , i get very good end results .

Regarding your expectations about an e-mail ... well i did not know that you have been effected , as i do not know where you live in Turkey .
So sorry for that , i hope you and your family is not badly affected from the disaster of an earthquake .
And i hope you get well soon if you are ....

Cheers Andreas

Volkan Akgul
04-07-2023, 07:05 AM
Translate error (I deleted it for that :) ).

Geç de olsa teşekkür ederim. Biz iyiyiz, çok teşekkür ederim. Hayatını kaybedenlere Allah'tan rahmet diliyoruz.

Yüksek iso gün ışığında iyi çalışıyor ama karanlık ve bulutlu havalarda benim için çok zorlayıcı. Andreas'ı tebrik ederim
:)

Kurt Bowman
04-07-2023, 02:10 PM
I agree with your self assessment about the HA Andreas, but the open beak and calling pose make up for that. Nice sharp subject and I like the perch it chose to land on as well.

Dorian Anderson
04-07-2023, 08:17 PM
Yeah, the head angle isn't perfect, but the details look great for any ISO. That R3 seems amazing on that front. Perch is cool and the composition works well. Would like a bit more distance to the the BG, but that's pretty minor. Well done.

Jonathan Ashton
04-08-2023, 12:03 PM
Nice capture good processing, head angle not ideal but still a pleasing image.

Andreas Liedmann
04-09-2023, 03:22 AM
Thanks so much for your comments , much appreciated .

@ Dorian .... Mr Backgroundsmoothie from the gallery :bg3: , i knew you would point out the BG . I would also like a smoother BG , but not too smooth :w3. I do not like the overly featureless BG´s .

Cheers Andreas