PDA

View Full Version : Nuthatch III

Andreas Liedmann
04-04-2023, 11:44 AM
Hi folks ....
back to the local park with new toys :w3
I bought a second hand RF 400 f 2,8 + 1,4 TC .... went straight to the location , was a " nightmare " in terms of sightings ... not much came to my feeding site . We have public easter holidays ....
Nevertheless I got some shots . And I do really like the dark BG

Canon EOS R3
RF 400 f 2,8 IS L + 1,4 TC
Monopod with Gimbal

F 9 ; Iso 8000 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with Capture One and PSCC 2023 ; slight crop from RHS and some gardening in BG removing lighter OOF stuff

Thanks for watching and commenting to my last postings

Cheers Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
04-04-2023, 03:58 PM
I like it overall as well, typical nuthatch pose when they are not on the side of a trunk. Nice details, colours, appealing dark BG. If anything I do find the subject large in the frame. Have fun with the new toy!

Kurt Bowman
04-05-2023, 09:02 AM
Really nice light and details in this one Andreas. I also like the dark BG. Like Daniel, I also feel it is a bit large in the frame

Dorian Anderson
04-05-2023, 10:50 AM
Light and details are as good as it gets, so well done on those fronts. Besides the close crop, there's not much to critique here. Really nice!

Jonathan Ashton
04-06-2023, 09:34 AM
Looks good to me Andreas, not entirely sold on the all black background - probably because I have never seen one under those circumstances.

Andreas Liedmann
04-06-2023, 02:41 PM
Thanks folks for your comments , much appreciated .

After reading your comments re ... being a bit tight ... I am undecided if I went in too tight . Or better said left not enough space on LHS in the original shot . But I have more shots with a more central placement of that guy .

@ Jon ... the BG is not all black , it is dark but not " ALL BLACK " .

Cheers Andreas