PDA

View Full Version : Killdeer Wings Up

Kurt Bowman
04-03-2023, 05:43 AM
I normally like wings down on flight shots, but at this angle the feet were not visible, so going with a wings up pose. Lately my goal is to shoot more without the TC, but there was a lot of water at the Water Ranch this day. As a result the birds were all further away than normal, so kept on the TC.

A1
200-600mm
1.4 TC
shot at 823 mm
1/2500 at f/9
ISO 1600

Jonathan Ashton
04-03-2023, 06:02 AM
I lik ethe pose and background. The pose looks good to me and the processing is very clean and renders prety good detail. It is sharp where it needs to be, if the feet had been a little sharper it would have improved presentation for me.

kevin Hice
04-03-2023, 10:24 AM
This is nice Kurt love the wing position Background is pleasing these guys are hard to catch in flight at least for me. Details look good and the eye ring really makes the bird pop. TFS

Andreas Liedmann
04-03-2023, 02:25 PM
Hi Kurt .. a do like the wings up , does look good to me .
Processing does look good in terms of color , tones and details ... as does the composition . I think the image should get more sharpening , does look a bit soft to me .
Not knowing how fast they do fly ... but think your chosen SS was too slow for this kind of speed image . You had plenty of room with the ISO to bump it up .

Very nice capture overall and TFS Andreas

Dorian Anderson
04-03-2023, 02:34 PM
Killer, eye-level view of this speedy bird! Love the eye contact and the fully extended wings. The details look good, but I agree with Andreas re: a bit more sharpening, particularly on the face. I would also
clone that lower catchlight as it about the brightest example as I've ever seen. BG looks like it could use a bit more NR as well. But a really sweet image!

Arthur Morris
04-03-2023, 05:55 PM
Looks quite excellent. You might want to address the blue cast in the near underwing. Otherwise spectacular.

with love, a

Daniel Cadieux
04-04-2023, 04:04 PM
These guys are rather swift, so congrats on this frame! Yes to removing the extra catchlight. Easy to remove the bluish cast under the wing by reducing the blue channel in saturation. Quite a beautiful frame overall!!

Volkan Akgul
04-06-2023, 02:19 PM
hi Kurt,

very very good.
congratulations.