PDA

View Full Version : The Chase Male Sharptails

kevin Hice
04-01-2023, 10:44 AM
Shot on a lek in Nd from a blind. Processed with Dpp 4,Topaz,Photoshop, Had a problem with the cyan color cast removed it and started to get a magenta cast. Did a couple versions more of a high key but then was losing detail in the snow. I think this was the best overall got rid of most of the cyan and just a little magenta.
Appreciate comments and critiques.
Canon R3
Rf 400 2.8
1/4000
ISO 1250

Andreas Liedmann
04-01-2023, 01:28 PM
Nice Scene captured Kevin ...
I do like the wider view and the pano crop .... funny looking postures of both subjects .

Interesting that you have issues with the colors ....:w3 ... like in previous images of the Sharptails . I send you a solution , some days ago .... very detailed with examples how to deal with your issues . But you did not respond or downloaded my " tricks " ... your call .

TFS Andreas

kevin Hice
04-01-2023, 01:56 PM
Sorry Andreas I saw the original message but never saw any examples. I will look again maybe in my spam.

Andreas Liedmann
04-01-2023, 02:28 PM
You will not find it as the download link is invalid by now .... and I have deleted the whole lot , as it was just made for you .
Bad luck for you ...

Arthur Morris
04-01-2023, 03:32 PM
I love the color and the grasses and the front bird. I like the posture of the rear bird but not the head angle. It is turned slightly away and is in the shade a bit.

with love, artie

Jonathan Ashton
04-01-2023, 03:46 PM
Nice shot unusual image. I think it would be more relaxing to view if the whites were toned down a little, I think it adds a little depth also. Colours not quite there for me but I do like them as seen.

Dorian Anderson
04-01-2023, 09:16 PM
Front bird steals the show with the direct eye contact, but the displaying male is a nice addition. It doesn't look like you have the pixels to isolate the female, so I think including the male was
a good solution; frame tells a nice story as a result. It's been years since I processed a shot in snow, so i'm gonna stay out of that discussion!

William Dickson
04-02-2023, 04:05 PM
Well done Kevin....All looks good here....The running poses sure look good....Nice detail on both.....Just enough grasses to add depth....Good work.

Will

Daniel Cadieux
04-04-2023, 04:41 PM
I think there is just enough blue in the snow to make it look natural for the sunny conditions here. A fun image indeed with e chasing interaction. Good point by Artie re: rear bird's head angle and shade, but still pretty neat overall.