PDA

View Full Version : Robin ... the loud way

Andreas Liedmann
03-30-2023, 05:01 AM
Hi folks this time a smaller in the frame shot .
Just saw the Robin calling on that branch opposite to my " set up " , just fired a couple of frames

Canon EOS R3
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
Speedlite EL 1 as Fillflash in ETTL mode - 1,4 stops
Monopod with Gimbal

F 6,3 ; Iso 20.000 ; 1/3200 sec

Processed with Capture One and PSCC 2023 , slight crop for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Dorian Anderson
03-30-2023, 09:21 PM
Background looks as good as any set-up! Sure the perch is a bit boring, but you captured a fantastic pose. It's great that we can see both eyes. Details look great for IOS 20,000!

Joseph Przybyla
03-31-2023, 10:15 AM
Hi Andreas, pretty good for photographing in the dark...:bg3: Wonderful pose, nice colors and feather detail, pure background. I noticed you listed a monopod with a gimbal. Wimberly makes a gimbal head for a monopod, I use it all the time and have even got Artie to try it. Thank you for sharing.

https://www.tripodhead.com/products/monopodhead-main.cfm

Jonathan Ashton
03-31-2023, 03:40 PM
Clean image but looks a little bit flat to me. I like the pose.

Andreas Liedmann
04-01-2023, 05:50 AM
Thanks folks for your comments , much appreciated .

@ Dorian ... funny you mentioned the BG being at a typical setup , not true as it was opposite to the set up ... and the set up is in a public park where i just place a perch somewhere where the birds are used of being fed by truck loads of people , every day . I just take advantage of it . So the birds can choose from food all over the place ... and this Robin chose the twig about 12 m away from the feeding site .

@ Jon ... i am ok with the " flat " appearance , not a mistake just a matter of taste . But for fun i will RP another version tonight .

Cheers Andreas

Andreas Liedmann
04-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Jon here is the deeper version ...