PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)

Jonathan Ashton
03-27-2023, 03:48 AM
Another Blue tit in my backyard (re-cropped for composition)
OM-1 : OLYMPUS M.150-400mm F4.5 TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 658.0mm
ISO : 1250
Exposure compensation : +0.3 EV
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Shutter : 1/4000 sec
F number : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

Kurt Bowman
03-27-2023, 05:02 AM
Jon this is really nice! First I love this species...the colors are awesome. The pose is great and the action is great. Love the wings up on this one and super sharp! I even dig the perch. Really nice work!!!

Daniel Cadieux
03-27-2023, 11:12 AM
Good pose, here, with a nioce BG and perch. Light seems to be getting harsh at this point, with the perch especially contrasty and shadows underneath. A fun backyard series!

Andreas Liedmann
03-28-2023, 02:23 AM
Hi Jon .. a well timed shot .
All works for me , with good details and nice overall colors .
Wondering how many frames you fire to get this done .
I would burn and reduce the contrast in the perch

Great work Jon and TFS Andreas

Paul Burdett
03-28-2023, 03:35 AM
Ditto the positives here, but on first view thought the contrast needed reducing on the perch too. TFS

Dorian Anderson
03-28-2023, 07:08 PM
You handled the direct sun nicely; exposure looks good across the subject. Details, especially on the face, are correspondingly solid. I really like the blue upper corners. The fade between the BG colors is great.
Composition looks perfect. I agree the perch has too much contrast, but there's nothing to address beyond that. Very nice.

Jonathan Ashton
03-29-2023, 05:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I agree the perch is a little OTT in terms of presence. I have to admit out loud to everyone, the amount of skill needed to get these images is very little. I used Procapture SH2, this offers AF/bird ID at 50fps, I decide how may images I wish to capture, I currently take 20 raw images, upto 100 are possible, when I fully depress the shutter the sequence stops 5 frames latter. This means 15 frames before I fully depressed the shutter and 5 after are sent to the memory card. The pre and post numbers are entirely configurable. Almost every sequence results in success.