PDA

View Full Version : Evening Grosbeak On Beech.

Daniel Cadieux
03-25-2023, 05:25 AM
We've been blessed to have these guys quite reliably in the area for a number of consecutive winters now. Always a treat to see. This one is setup near a feeding station.

Canon R6 + 00mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/800s., f/5.6, ISO 3200, FF, eye work, removed part of a leaf creeping in at the left edge, brightest part of the leaves have been toned down via burn (and sponge to enhance their colour).

Kurt Bowman
03-25-2023, 06:54 AM
Beautiful comp on this setup Daniel! Love the complimentary color of the dried out leaves and the falling snow is great! Looks like a Christmas card. No nits from me

Jonathan Ashton
03-25-2023, 06:55 AM
Nice angle and a natural looking setting.

Volkan Akgul
03-25-2023, 02:09 PM
hi Daniel,

very good comp and technic :)
congratulations

Andreas Liedmann
03-26-2023, 01:58 AM
Hi Dan ... a lovely winter scene of a beautiful bird .
The leaves on the twigs does add so much .... IMHO .. and the falling snow is the icing on the cake.

The OOF leaves /twigs on LHS do look a bit " funky " ? I think they should look less " edgy " .

Nice work and TFS Andreas

Dorian Anderson
03-28-2023, 07:22 PM
Another great snow image. Bird pops in muted surrounds, the eye contact is great, and the feet peeking out are fun. I agree with Andreas that the left-most leaves look funky (for lack of a better term). Clearly due to
DOF considerations, but it might be worth minimizing the effect if you are able.