PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)

Jonathan Ashton
03-13-2023, 04:48 PM
A shot from the backyard

OM-1 : OLYMPUS M.150-400mm F4.5 TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 876.0mm
ISO : 3200
Exposure compensation : +0.3 EV
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Shutter : 1/800 sec
F number : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

kevin Hice
03-13-2023, 08:58 PM
This is nice ,I like the disheveled feathers. Colors and sharpness look good. The perch is what helps make this photo. The irregularity of the perch sets this apart from just another straight stick. IMO I wonder if it may look better with the crop coming in from the right side about where the bare spot is on the branch? TFS

Andreas Liedmann
03-14-2023, 06:23 AM
Hi Jon ... super shot with super sharpness !!!
Love the scruffy look of the tit .
Perch looks great as does the tones and details , just the colors look slightly OFF to me .
Maybe matter of taste ... but see my RP as a starting point for a " better " color balance .

TFS Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
03-14-2023, 02:19 PM
You chose a very beautiful perch here! I enjoyed studying all its little "cups". Nice BG too. Cute subject - looks like it was windy...and for that reason I wish there would have been quite a bit more raindrops to show this. Still looks good overall, just wishing out loud for things after-the-fact....

Jonathan Ashton
03-14-2023, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Andreas - sorry buddy usually I feel your observations are right but in this case I feel your Colour Balance adjustment is a little green.

Mike Poole
03-14-2023, 05:26 PM
I did a similar RP to Andreas, I think the original was out - I did reduce saturation in the greens after the WB changes though

Otherwise, all good, nice windy look at the bird on a nice perch

Mike

Dorian Anderson
03-14-2023, 08:55 PM
Another strong set-up frame! And yeah, the original had astrong magenta cast, so Andreas's repost looks better. What a perch though, right? Curious is you can lose any of the top (or shift the crop up) to fill what feels like a void in the upper reaches of the frame. Love those details on the bird and perch.

Andreas Liedmann
03-15-2023, 07:06 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Andreas - sorry buddy usually I feel your observations are right but in this case I feel your Colour Balance adjustment is a little green.

Jon .. read my comment carefully , i said that i brought the image to a neutral position .... for further color grading , i just removed the very obvious ( at least for me and Dorian ) color cast . But no problem if you prefer your version , was just sharing my observation not saying it is correct or the way to go .

Cheers Andreas