PDA

View Full Version : Grey Heron Portrait II

Andreas Liedmann
03-02-2023, 06:25 AM
Hi folks .. a second portrait of a Grey Heron taken just one day later than the previous one.
Heron is used to human presence , so normally close ups can be done easily .

Canon EOS R3
RF 100 - 500 IS L at 500 mm
HH

F 7,1 ; Iso 1000 ; 1/1250 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2023 ; cropped to 80 % of FF for better composition

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Joseph Przybyla
03-02-2023, 07:57 AM
Hi Andreas, nice image. I like the head angle, feather detail, and background. On my display the bird appears a little washed out. Thank you for sharing.

Andreas Liedmann
03-02-2023, 11:45 AM
Thanks Joe for your feedback .
I could have gone with more tone / contrast .. I liked it that way .
But feel free to make an RP ....

Cheers Andreas

William Dickson
03-02-2023, 02:50 PM
Beautiful detail you captured.....The blacks above the eye look perfectly exposed.....The eye makes the image pop....Nice as is Andreas.....Personally, the only thing I would have a look at, is to darken the blacks on the neck area to make them similar to the blacks on the head...

Will

Jonathan Ashton
03-02-2023, 04:28 PM
Looks just about spot on to me..... maybe the blacks neck downwards are a little washed out.

Joseph Przybyla
03-03-2023, 08:45 AM
Hi Andreas, I just looked at this image again, forget my comment regarding looking washed out. I guess I was thinking I was looking at our Great Blue Heron which is very similar but darker. Thanks again for sharing.

Mike Poole
03-03-2023, 11:48 AM
Does look a little paler than I would expect, and it would have been nice not to have had the blue BG directly above the head. I like the head feather flowing out of the head

Mike

Andreas Liedmann
03-03-2023, 02:14 PM
Thanks Mike , Jon , Joe and Will for your comments .
Image was taken around noon in full sun .... so the Heron was very well illuminated , so I thought keep the subject light in the tones .
Could go easily darker .. if I wanted .

Blue sky is what it is ...

Cheers Andreas