PDA

View Full Version : A stealth hunter

arash_hazeghi
02-01-2023, 02:26 AM
This image is from a while back, taken in BC. it was a cold wet day and walking in knee high frozen water and mud wasn't fun even with several layers... but it was totally worth seeing an active colony of short eared owls up close and hunting during the day...the owls are camouflaged so well in this environment they are hard to spot even close....

shot with Canon 1DX II 400 DO II + 2X TC III ISO-1600 1/2500sec f/8. handheld. processed with C1P

hope you like it

kevin Hice
02-01-2023, 06:16 PM
Nice shot Arash the background colors go so well with the subject. No wonder it was hard to spot. Nice all the way around and love the color of the eye just makes the owls face come alive. TFS

Dorian Anderson
02-01-2023, 06:35 PM
Excellent result. We'd ideally have a bit more head turn, but this is still really nice. I especially like the talons peaking out behind the wing. So cool! View of plumage on back and wing is awesome.

I had to leave that lens at home during this traveling year, but I'm excited to get my hands back on it when we return to CA in May.

Kurt Bowman
02-02-2023, 08:33 AM
Great wing position and love the focused stare of the owl. I also like the talons poking out from the wings! Very nice work, no nits from me

Jack Backs
02-04-2023, 08:26 PM
Nice image, really like the wing symmetry. As noted, it would be better if a little more of the face was visible.