PDA

View Full Version : Stonechat (f) (Saxicola rubicola)

Jonathan Ashton
01-17-2023, 02:56 PM
Hand held, on a cold and frosty morn.
OM-1 : OLYMPUS M.150-400mm F4.5 TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 1002.0mm
ISO : 1250
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Exposure compensation : +1.3 EV
Shutter : 1/2500 sec
Aperture : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

Joseph Przybyla
01-17-2023, 04:48 PM
Hi Jon, I like the image. Nice complimenting colors, good feather detail, pure background and a snow covered stone perch. Thank you for sharing.

Dorian Anderson
01-17-2023, 08:15 PM
Lighting is perfect, the detail is fabulous, and the BG is wonderful. My only issue is the crop; he's looking down and left, so there should be more room in both of those directions. He's looking into the most cramped corner of the frame. But that's an easy fix - if you have the canvas! A super image regardless.

William Dickson
01-18-2023, 03:12 PM
Very nice Jon....You got great feather detail... Good perch and BG....I don't mind the crop it looks as though she is looking over the edge so to speak...Nice whites in the snow and good colours throughout..Really like the pose and HA...Well done

Will

dankearl
01-18-2023, 03:13 PM
This is nice. I like the comp, don't really see what Dorian is seeing...

Daniel Cadieux
01-18-2023, 07:57 PM
I could see a version with more room at left too, but it still works as is. I sometimes need to grow out of my 3:2 ratio comfort. Excellent details, the eye looks great, super nice background, and the snow adds so much to the image - nice touch with that!

Brian Sump
01-18-2023, 08:00 PM
Jon, a very pleasant image to view. Just about as much detail, but with a real feel as one could get IMO.

There are some subtle elements I really like - the diagonal effect of the snow line, the way the perch ends in focus and the nice splash of colors behind.

Have not seen this subject in person so really can't comment in that sense, but purely artistically I wonder if you added a touch of lum to some of the lighter plumage on top if it wouldn't make for a nice effect. Only subjective and really hard to criticize anything as presented.

TFS my friend.

Andreas Liedmann
01-21-2023, 03:15 AM
Hi Jon ... technically a perfect frame , all does look oh so nice in my book . A real little peach for me :w3
I do only wish for a different comp / crop ... mainly into Dorian's direction .

Other than that , perfect !!!

TFS Andreas