PDA

View Full Version : Stone-curlew (Burhinus oedicnemus)

Pepe Reigada
07-13-2008, 12:51 PM
The Stone-curlew is a bird of customs night and difficult to come out in photographs
Taken this morning at 7 a. m.
D300 * 500mmf4 * X1,4 * S:1/640 * A: 9 * ISO: 400 * EV:-0,7 * tripod * blind * natural daybreak light *90% full frame
And as always, comments on the image welcome and appreciated

Axel Hildebrandt
07-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Great light and moment captured. Maybe a bit CCW rotation and desaturate the yellows a few points. I wish we could see the entire reflection but like it as is. Keep them coming!

George DeCamp
07-13-2008, 02:04 PM
A really cool looking birdie, really like the water dripping from the beak it adds much to the image. Also like the partial reflection because it shows the eye contact.

Maybe tis could use a dose of USM, looks a little soft to me...not sure it's not just me though (only slept for 3hrs)! Would like to see more of this species if you have any!

Doug Brown
07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
I've never seen this species, but I really like this photo. The eye contact and the water droplets make the image stand out. I agree about the CCW rotation. I would also apply a little more sharpening to the head. Thanks for posting!

Arthur Morris
07-13-2008, 05:08 PM
You did well in a difficult situation. Love the drops and the partial reflection. You chose your position well with regards to the side light.

Juan Aragonés
07-14-2008, 03:02 AM
The "frozen" water droplets falling from the bill, the low angle and the wonderfull lights makes this one an excelente image Pepe. Hope to see more images from this series. Well done my friend