PDA

View Full Version : Spoonies Head On

Michael Pancier
12-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Spoon shot from Ding Darling last August.

Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark II w/400 5.6L
Exposure: 1/2500 sec
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 400 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: + 2/3 EV

Alfred Forns
12-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Would go for more of a pano to have the bird bigger in frame Mike Straight on level wings are tought !!!

Michael Pancier
12-27-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't know about this one Michael, is missing something but can't figure what.[/quote]

probably the eye contact.

Jasper Doest
12-28-2007, 06:55 AM
I think there is a difference between eye contact and seeing the eye....In my opinion there is no need for eye contact with the photographer. In many photographs which show eye contact with the photographer, the bird isn't relaxed at all. It is nice to record natural behavior in a way that the bird is fully unaware of your presence and eye contact isn't needed for that. This photograph however shows no eyecontact, nor does it show a lot of the head. I think it would be nicer if photographed from a slightly different angle, so that we could have a better view on the spoon.

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-28-2007, 08:01 AM
I really like the wing position Michael but I agree a little different angle would strengthen this image. Not being able to see the eye from some angle is a loss IMO.

Jim Neiger
12-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Mike, Interesting view of this Spoonie. I find it leaves me wishing I could see more details in the bird. Perhaps Al's suggestion of a pano crop would help.