PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy Turnstone with crab dinner

Dorian Anderson
01-09-2023, 09:58 PM
Breaking from Namibia for a bit -- I'm pet-sitting in Palmetto, FL and made my first visit to Fort de Soto yesterday. As expected, people outnumbered
birds on Sunday afternoon, but I managed a few keepers. I'm hoping to make it back there on a weekend morning, so hopefully I'll have more results
in the next few days.

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II + 1.4x III on EOS R5
1/4000 at f/5.6, ISO 640
Processed in LR CC and Topaz DN

Background is smooth water.

Brian Sump
01-09-2023, 11:48 PM
Dorian, a super capture. These guys are pretty small right? (I obviously don't get a ton of shorebird time here)

Stunning light and it must have been just a bit past sun up, or not long before sun down based on the breast shadow.

Fantastic parallel flight line and the [crab claw?] makes is over the top IMO.

As a very minor processing critique I think you had some room to let the whites and orange in the talons breathe just a bit but I'm hesitant to even mention it. A gem my friend, bravo!

arash_hazeghi
01-10-2023, 01:56 AM
sweet frame Dorian, the storm here has pushed out all the birds. nice that you found something to shoot
TFS

Chris van Rooyen
01-10-2023, 08:45 AM
Hi Dorian, super capture, and the crab gives it just that extra wow quality! No nits from me - beautiful light, sharpness, background, catch-light, light quality....its all there

Joseph Przybyla
01-10-2023, 09:20 AM
You nailed it, Dorian. Not bad for a walk on the beach. I like everything about the image. Thank you for sharing.

Kurt Bowman
01-12-2023, 06:37 AM
Really ike this frame. Beautiful light, good wing position, great catch in the beak. What's not to like? Nice job!