PDA

View Full Version : Widgeon (Anas penelope)

Jonathan Ashton
01-09-2023, 07:27 AM
Hand held
Model Name : OM-1, OLYMPUS M.150-400mm F4.5 TC
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 1002.0mm
ISO: 1600
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Exposure compensation : +0.7 EV
Shutter : 1/2500 sec
Aperture : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

Andreas Liedmann
01-09-2023, 12:11 PM
Hi Jon ... the subject looks very nice in terms of color and tones . Good details showing up and sharpness is good .
The sky looks " off " in terms of hue for my taste ... too " yellow " .
But the only really issue is the bird itself and the pose , not working for my taste ... flying away .

TFS Andreas

Kurt Bowman
01-09-2023, 01:11 PM
Hi Jon, my comments pretty much echo Andreas on this one. Wish for better wing position and angle of the bird. But technically a good image.

Jonathan Ashton
01-09-2023, 02:56 PM
Thanks the reason I posted was for technical appraisal.

Dorian Anderson
01-09-2023, 09:42 PM
Color issue is minor compared to the overhead angle and awkward pose. Image is well exposed and sharp, so that's a plus.

Andreas Liedmann
01-10-2023, 02:39 AM
Thanks the reason I posted was for technical appraisal.
What kind of technical appraisal , Jon ?

Steve Kaluski
01-10-2023, 04:29 AM
It's sharp with good detail Jon, shame it's fly away from you though, too yellow you have been playing with CB me thinks?

YFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
01-10-2023, 08:08 AM
What kind of technical appraisal , Jon ?

I wanted to gauge opinion of "quality" i.e. what people thought of dof, colour and texture and detail. I wasn't concerned about composition or head angle that was obviously less than ideal though why the head angle always has to be ideal beats me. I suppose I am saying in general I capture images pretty much as the situation was so I don't wish for better poses, or better light. If I had a better image then I would post it.
Steve I agree colour seems to be a little laiden with yellow, my colour acuity is "accurate" but sometimes I post as I think I recall as opposed to making the colours look a little more pleasing and the latter option is frequently the better one. Yes was been playing with colour temp and colour balance of subject and background separately mainly out of curiosity.

Steve Kaluski
01-10-2023, 08:27 AM
Jon, based on your reply above, would there be any merit in being far more specific in your intro and the feedback you are seeking, ie bullet points of key areas/elements in relation to the image posted. In doing so it would fulfill your requirements and avoid elements you are not looking for feedback on? :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
01-10-2023, 10:12 AM
Jon, based on your reply above, would there be any merit in being far more specific in your intro and the feedback you are seeking, ie bullet points of key areas/elements in relation to the image posted. In doing so it would fulfill your requirements and avoid elements you are not looking for feedback on? :S3:

Yes most certainly.