PDA

View Full Version : Been out of the Loop

Mike Tracy
07-13-2008, 09:23 AM
I have never had a frequent presence here posting or responding to all the world class images from you folks. Too much work and frequent traveling this year has not afforded me the ability to be as active on BPN as I had hoped. Just throwing a recent one in the mix since I am home for a while finally and with a good internet connection.

I don't take many static images but sort of liked the plum colored background.

MKIII, EF500 and 1.4x, 1/2500, f/5.6, ISO 400, EC-1

All suggestions taken to heart with a open mind.

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi Mike, Welcome home. Beautiful image and I like the pose and wonderful eye contact. I am curious to know what caused the plum colored BG. Your exposure is great in this image with lots of good detail. Many thanks for sharing.

Ramon M. Casares
07-13-2008, 10:52 AM
It is my dream to photograph these birds, I love the close up and the colors, might feel a little tight, just a bit, but I love this one, congratulations!!!

Harold Stiver
07-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Nice closeup shot. A very minor nit to me is the head position, the fairly straight on bill. Anything with a bit of head turned?

Arthur Morris
07-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Sharp and handsome with a lovely BKGR and a great angle to the subject. BKGR is lovely too. And a great job with the sidelight that I ususally despise.