PDA

View Full Version : Roseate Spoonbill

Joseph Przybyla
01-02-2023, 07:26 AM
Dottie and I went to Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge last Wednesday. I captured this image of a Roseate Spoonbill next to the Mangroves along Wild Bird Trail. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm PF + Nikon 1.4 III Teleconverter, camera, Handheld
1/2500 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 720 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 700mm (1050mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed using Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2023 and Topaz Denoise AI
Cropped slightly for composition and presentation

Jack Backs
01-02-2023, 11:47 AM
I don't know that bit needed to be cropped, it looks a little tight to me. Nice pose on the bird and sharp. Not the best angle on the bird, not liking the background.

Chris van Rooyen
01-02-2023, 03:42 PM
I don't know that bit needed to be cropped, it looks a little tight to me. Nice pose on the bird and sharp. Not the best angle on the bird, not liking the background.

I concur with all the points, but still a striking image of a spectacular species. Feather detail superb

Dorian Anderson
01-02-2023, 07:02 PM
The bird looks fantastic, so kudos on that front. Super color and loads of detail! Eye contact is great as well. Crop might be a bit tight. I assume you got as low as you could without getting too much mangrove behind.

Incidentally, I will be in the Tampa Area Jan 7-17. I'm not sure where in FL you are, but I figured I put it out there in case you're close!

Joseph Przybyla
01-02-2023, 07:16 PM
The bird looks fantastic, so kudos on that front. Super color and loads of detail! Eye contact is great as well. Crop might be a bit tight. I assume you got as low as you could without getting too much mangrove behind.

Incidentally, I will be in the Tampa Area Jan 7-17. I'm not sure where in FL you are, but I figured I put it out there in case you're close!

Hi Dorian, thanks for letting me know, I am only about 30 to 4o miles from Tampa. Let me know where you are I'd love to meet you and maybe trod the same ground together. I live in Lakeland, Florida.