PDA

View Full Version : Woolly-necked stork

Steve Kaluski
12-29-2022, 03:24 PM
Wooly-necked Stork hunting around for any titbits. The FG is what it is, from lying flat on the ground with the foot of the lens resting on the ground.

Thanks to those who commented or viewed the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Woolly-necked stork (Ciconia microscelis)
Camera: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
Lens: EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM HH
Exposure: 1/2500s at f/8 ISO3200 EV -0.33
Original format: Landscape, small crop
Processed via: LRCC 12.1 & PS 24.1.0

Jonathan Ashton
12-30-2022, 10:35 AM
Super subject, colours look really good - I like the purple sheen.... you have made me think I need to revisit by woolly necked stork images!

Steve Kaluski
12-30-2022, 12:07 PM
Cheers Jon, yes be good to see your versions too. :S3:

Dorian Anderson
12-30-2022, 06:45 PM
Foreground is great, and the low angle really minimized the bird's shadow. Exposure and detail are outstanding, and the BG is sublime. This looks like the scavenger hide at Zimanga. It was a total bust on my visit. Awful light and zero vultures.
Would loved this lighting and result!

Steve Kaluski
12-31-2022, 02:41 AM
Correct Dorian, had more access than most. :S3:

Andreas Liedmann
12-31-2022, 03:32 AM
Hi Steve ... a lovely low POV shot of this beautiful stork species , nice to see him doing its business with looking for food ( i guess)
Have not seen many of those in close range , i am really surprised by all the various shades of colors in the dark plumage ... you brought them out nicely .
Besides the normal high output quality i do also like the contrasting FG / BG color . Overall nice color palette and perfect use of tonal range with lovely details showing up .

Personally i would try to get more from that eye without looking fake and would check your cloning above the left foot as viewed :w3.

Other than that a very pleasing image and TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-31-2022, 03:46 AM
LOL, great spot! In all honesty I cannot understand why that is there, after reviewing the Master file there isn’t a ‘re touch’ layer, so I can only assume it’s stemmed from a incorrect key stroke, but thanks for the heads up. :S3:

Andreas Liedmann
12-31-2022, 04:17 AM
:S3: .... the angle of that leg looks a bit weired due to the waking action , i guess he was turning towards you .... as we can see the back of the foot and the other leg does show the front . Well he should not apply for the catwalk in Paris :bg3:

Daniel Cadieux
12-31-2022, 09:28 AM
I love the hint of magenta gloss on the plumage, super nice. Good low angle and BG indeed. Good details throughout. I too would look at enhancing the eye a bit here.

Steve Kaluski
01-02-2023, 11:30 AM
I too would look at enhancing the eye a bit here.

OK I hear you guys, thanks. :S3:

Joseph Przybyla
01-02-2023, 12:01 PM
Hi Steve, kind of late to the party but I guess late is better than never. Love the stork, amazing colors in the dark feathers you have shown so well. I think it might be difficult to enhance the eye and look real because of the light angle and shadow, if it can be done I guess your the one. Techs look good, background and foreground compliment the stork, thank you for sharing.