PDA

View Full Version : On Golden Pond... Mallard Duck (m)

Joseph Przybyla
12-29-2022, 08:28 AM
I captured this image a few years ago at Lake Mirror in Lakeland, Florida. I recently worked on the image again. With the right light and the bird in the right position the buildings surrounding Lake Mirror make for interestingly colored water. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VR AF-S ED, Handheld
1/1600 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 1400 Auto WB, image captured at 390mm (585mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed using Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2023 and Topaz Denoise AI
Cropped for composition and presentation

Kurt Bowman
12-29-2022, 10:43 AM
Nice golden water Joe! I also like the open bill from the Mallard. Exposure looks good on my laptop. no nits from me. Nicely done

Dorian Anderson
12-30-2022, 06:52 PM
Open beak is fun, and the head angle is perfect. Really nice details on the head and back. Droplets are cool. You know I'd like a lower shooting angle, but that's me!

Joseph Przybyla
12-31-2022, 07:02 AM
Open beak is fun, and the head angle is perfect. Really nice details on the head and back. Droplets are cool. You know I'd like a lower shooting angle, but that's me!

Hi Dorian, thank you for viewing and commenting, Yup, a lower shooting angle works well but not possible at this lake in the middle of the city, also a few other reasons not going to happen with me but that's another story. Thanks again for stopping by....

Andreas Liedmann
12-31-2022, 07:28 AM
Hi Joe ... nicely done all around , i specially like the ruffled look with the open beak showing nice details in the beak . The golden water is a very nice touch !!!
Processing does look nice in this one with lots of details and very nice sharpness

All the best for 2023 and TFS Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
12-31-2022, 09:34 AM
The thumbnail does not do the image justice - I was pleasantly surprised seeing the larger version once clicking it open! A very happy-looking duck, and I especially like the details and textures on the flanks and wing - not to mention the curled tail feathers!