PDA

View Full Version : Pied Oystercatcher

Paul Burdett
12-28-2022, 11:28 PM
Spent the morning at two beach locations. Here's a Pied Oystercatcher resting on the sand. I laid flat on my belly for this one. Processed in ACR and PS.

D500/500PF, 1/2000th sec (in case "something" happened), f8, iso800, manual mode, hh.

Kurt Bowman
12-29-2022, 10:34 AM
Nice pose and head turn you managed Paul! I almost hate to review this on my laptop because I am not certain....but the blacks look the tiniest bit under....however, on my large screen they might look fine. So I will leave that to others to be certain, Again if they need an exposure boost it would be very small. Love the low angle as well. Nicely done!

Andreas Liedmann
12-29-2022, 11:53 AM
Hi Paul ... nice relaxed pose of the OC .
Headturn about being perfect and i do like the super low POV . Very simple and clean frame .
Personally i would prefer a less " grainier feather structure " and the blacks not that dense .... personal taste .

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-29-2022, 12:05 PM
Hi Paul, the low POV makes the image, however in parts the blacks are clipped, but in the lighter darks the image areas look lifted so you get noise/grain showing???? My feeling is that the bright white of the sand fooled the metering, therefore exposing for the subject and blowing the sand would be my suggestion as often you can retrieve the brighter areas in PP.

TFS
Steve

Paul Burdett
12-29-2022, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback...much appreciated. :S3:

Dorian Anderson
12-30-2022, 06:53 PM
Big props on getting low! You know I love this kinda angle! I agree with the others about the blacks being both to heavy and too grainy.

Paul Burdett
12-31-2022, 06:44 AM
Thanks Dorian. :S3: