PDA

View Full Version : Bufflehead drake

Kurt Bowman
12-27-2022, 09:57 AM
Been out traveling for the holidays and had a chance to meet up with Brian to shoot some duckies. Only only laptop so hopefully this turned out as good since I don't have the big screen to edit.

A1
200-6000mm
1.4 TC
shot at 840mm
1/3200 at f/9
ISO 3200

Joseph Przybyla
12-27-2022, 10:04 AM
Hi Kurt, the image looks wonderful. You did well on your laptop, nice colors, detail and background. Thank you for sharing.

Jonathan Ashton
12-27-2022, 10:56 AM
Super colours and good detail. My only slight reservation is over some of the darkest areas which seem to be featureless. I like the water background, particularly because it does have some features within.

Brian Sump
12-27-2022, 02:22 PM
Kurt, had a great time with you. Glad we got to hit the river - there were quite a few species gracing us with their presence!

I think this is a really great shot. Super framing, excellent pose with even light across the image. Exposed very well and processed nicely for your laptop!

That single drop is neat under the breast.

One suggestion would be to remove the second catchlight and apply some very selective sharpening around the eye. It might help bring out the effect of an even sharper image (it's already very nice and sharp IMO)! You could also evict that bright spot on the back if you like.

Here's to many more :cheers:

Dorian Anderson
12-28-2022, 10:15 PM
These guys are really speedy, so this is a fine effort, Kurt. This is a tough exposure in sun, and I think you handled it well. Brian's point about the 2nd catchlight is a good one. So it the selective sharpening around the eye. I do love the fully thrown wings!

Andreas Liedmann
12-29-2022, 11:47 AM
Hi Kurt ....
a very fine flight shot . You did well with the exposure and the tones ... colors looking good . A pleasing color contrasting BG .... nicely captured .
Needs more sharpening in the whole subject for my taste .

Would be cool to have something like this in my collection :bg3:

TFS Andreas