PDA

View Full Version : Wild Hog

Joseph Przybyla
12-26-2022, 08:39 AM
I saw this hog on the side of the road along Blackpoint Wildlife Drive in Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Merritt Island, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 VR AF-S ED, Handheld
1/500 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 220 Auto WB, image captured at 300mm (450mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed recently using Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2023 and Topaz Denoise
Cropped for composition and presentation

Jonathan Ashton
12-27-2022, 03:17 AM
Hi Joe, a good capture but the hog appears a little too high in the frame to me, I guess there was good reason for this. I would be inclined to lower the brightness of the grass and possibly darken the foreground a little more than the rest. The hog appears to have some really dark areas especially around the right shoulder, I suspect it would be possible to tease out a little more detai.

Joseph Przybyla
12-27-2022, 09:56 AM
Hi Joe, a good capture but the hog appears a little too high in the frame to me, I guess there was good reason for this. I would be inclined to lower the brightness of the grass and possibly darken the foreground a little more than the rest. The hog appears to have some really dark areas especially around the right shoulder, I suspect it would be possible to tease out a little more detai.

Thanks Jon, I will revisit the image with your suggestions. Thank you for viewing and commenting.

Andreas Liedmann
12-29-2022, 12:00 PM
Hi Joe ... the darker tones looking flat and featureless , hello Topaz :bg3:.
Overall i do like the scene with the hog looking at the viewer ... within all that grass .

IQ is not that great to be honest ... as i do miss finer details across the whole image , wish for a better IQ

TFS Andreas

Joseph Przybyla
12-30-2022, 03:34 PM
Hi Joe ... the darker tones looking flat and featureless , hello Topaz :bg3:.
Overall i do like the scene with the hog looking at the viewer ... within all that grass .

IQ is not that great to be honest ... as i do miss finer details across the whole image , wish for a better IQ

TFS Andreas

Hi Andreas, thank you for viewing and commenting. Cheap glass, was captured a long time ago.