PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Wheatear (Namibia)

Dorian Anderson
12-25-2022, 09:54 AM
Nothing amazing but another new species for my collection. It took a half mile of pursuit as he/she flew from perch to perch before I got one that wasn't hella busy.
This low termite mound is borderline boring, but I'll take it.

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II + 1.4x III on EOS R5
1/3200 at f/5.6, ISO 800
Processed in LR CC

Brian Sump
12-26-2022, 05:41 PM
Dorian, it's been a joy seeing these species for the first time. A memorable trip for you I'm sure!

A very simple frame here but it's simplicity works well. I like the comp overall with a nice full view of the subject. Good detail for a black bird.

I think it's a bit overwhelming on the yellow hue from here. Take a look with -5 or -7 tone and perhaps a touch less magenta (to taste of course), then you can really see the blacks.

Did you clone at all? Possibly the bottom right area, as there are some interesting streaks? Also, at the very left just above the rock, a masking remnant or something.

Hope you have more!

Kurt Bowman
12-27-2022, 09:34 AM
A new species for me as well. Never seen one. I don't mind the termite mound at all. It is simple yes, but well executed! Nice work Dorian!

Dorian Anderson
12-28-2022, 09:15 PM
Dorian, it's been a joy seeing these species for the first time. A memorable trip for you I'm sure!

I think it's a bit overwhelming on the yellow hue from here. Take a look with -5 or -7 tone and perhaps a touch less magenta (to taste of course), then you can really see the blacks.

Did you clone at all? Possibly the bottom right area, as there are some interesting streaks? Also, at the very left just above the rock, a masking remnant or something.

Hope you have more!

Thanks for the input. I knocked the yellow down 10 pts already, so I'm not sure how much farther to go. It was a very yellow scene, as is typical of Namibian grasslands.

Andreas Liedmann
12-29-2022, 11:34 AM
Simple, clean and effective .... a typical Dorian style image .
A overall cool shot , well executed .
Nice one and TFS Andreas