PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Hunter ..

Andreas Liedmann
12-14-2022, 11:53 AM
Hi folks ... another one from Kamtchatka .
This time a bigger Boy hunting sucessfully Salmon in the Kambalnaya River bed , different location than the previous posting .
The three days there at the river have been my most thrilling shooting experience .... being as close as 4-5 meters to those fishing beasts , giving a **** about human presence .
Again a bit tight ... in the heat of the moment .... added canvas to the top and RHS , to gain a bit more room and better composition as the bear is looking somehow to the right .

Had to push the image quite far ... as the scene was really dull , due to the dense fog . Tried to keep the foggy appearance in the BG .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 260 mm
HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 3200 ; 1/3200 sec ... SS a bit of an overkill due to operator error .

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2023 , added canvas to the top and RHS

THanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting ....

Cheers Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-14-2022, 12:24 PM
Another cool image of the bear fishing! The water trailing from the salmon is a nice touch. Agree a bit tight but you managed it well. Good colours and details in the bear despite the lighting conditions.

Jonathan Ashton
12-14-2022, 12:25 PM
Superb, loving the action and the composition is fine for me. Colours look good as do details. I appreciate the foggy atmosphere you mentioned but I would personally add a small amount of contrast to the bear, I think it makes him even more centre of attention.

Steve Kaluski
12-15-2022, 09:56 AM
You will have had two bodies, having the 70-200f/2.8 to hand would have been the goal and nailed this awesome scene with space Andreas. Always in hindsight, but still another nice capture of a great subject.:cheers:

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
12-16-2022, 06:16 AM
Thanks guys for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas

Andreas Liedmann
12-16-2022, 06:39 AM
[QUOTE=Steve Kaluski;1273938]You will have had two bodies, having the 70-200f/2.8 to hand would have been the goal and nailed this awesome scene with space Andreas. Always in hindsight, but still another nice capture of a great subject.:cheers:

TFS

Yes it would have been nice , but i was not fast enough to anticipate the scenery and action .... it was simply overwhelming to shoot at that location , too many bears at the same time :bg3:. You sit there ... and shoot one bear , than you hear it splashing and you turn around , sometimes too much for the photographer :t3. All that happening at the river stretch of maybe 50 m in length ..... plus you have photo colleagues , calling you .... look here :bg3:. It was an unforgetable experience ....
Maybe next time i will remember your suggestion .... at least i will try .

Cheers andreas

Andreas Liedmann
12-19-2022, 09:55 AM
Superb, loving the action and the composition is fine for me. Colours look good as do details. I appreciate the foggy atmosphere you mentioned but I would personally add a small amount of contrast to the bear, I think it makes him even more centre of attention.

Thanks Jon .... just for you the RP