PDA

View Full Version : Tom display

Randy Stout
12-14-2022, 10:21 AM
This wild turkey was captured this spring, while displaying for a group of 8 hens. He was really strutting his stuff for them.

Z9. 500 PF, 5.6, 1/1250s, ISO 3200

Post: LR & PS, with Topaz Denoise on the background. Several small twigs removed.

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Randy

Jonathan Ashton
12-14-2022, 03:27 PM
Super shot, lovely colour and a clean image. I am not sure maybe the grass was a few inches long but would a higher viewpoint have shown more leg and perhaps a hint of the feet?

Randy Stout
12-14-2022, 05:41 PM
Thanks Jon:

I was so concerned that I would spook him, that I didn't dare move. I was indeed quite low, so that the tall grass blocked the feet.

Randy

Dorian Anderson
12-14-2022, 09:30 PM
Love the pose and setting. I appreciate the low angle. Getting the feet is very hard when the birds are in grassy meadows like this, so I don't really miss them.

The subject does look very (too?) smooth; I don't know if that's from heavy NR or if you had to crop in a long way. Grass along the front also looks a bit grainy/crunchy.

Would also like a bit more room all around if you have it (and assuming the added scenery isn't too busy).

Andreas Liedmann
12-15-2022, 02:00 PM
Cool looking bird ... quite impressive with all those colors and different tones in mthe feathers .

Something isnīt just right with the sharpness and partially grain / noise in the plumage .... well at least here on my screen.
The tail feathers appear sharper than the head ??!! I am ok with the tightness of the frame.

Cool shot and TFS Andreas

Kurt Bowman
12-16-2022, 08:26 AM
I like the low angle, but I do wish the feet were visible or at least closer to being visible. Still not much you can do about it with the tall grass. Love the pose as well! I agree with others about the feather sharpness lacking a little.